The basic criteria to be taken into account for the preparation of these cards can be summarized as follows:
a. Provide data that identify the product and the manufacturer or supplier, as well as a telephone number where emergency inquiries can be made.
b. Inform about the risks and dangers of the product regarding:
– Stability and reactivity.
– Possible injuries by inhalation, ingestión or dermal contact.
– First aid.
c. Train the user of the product on:
– Behavior and characteristics.
– Correct use (handling, storage, disposal, etc.).
– Exposure controls.
– Means of protection (individual or collective) to be used in case the control is not completely effective or in cas emergency.
– Actions to be carried out in the event of an accident: suitable extinguishers against fire, control and neutralization of spills, etc.
+ information on the SDS (Safety Data Sheets) available at INSHT.